Monday, March 22, 2010

16.5 weeks and HEARTBURN

16w4d

Just as I was settling in nicely to the energy, motivation, and lack of sickness that the second trimester brings, I was stricken with the dreaded heartburn.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to reduce/medicate my crazy pain?? I looked on Dr. D's website for ideas of which medications are approved in pregnancy, but it didn't mention anything for heartburn. A friend said her doc let he take Tums. I want to try something, but feel like I should call the doc first. Suggestions??

I put a poll on the blog so we can all take a stab at guessing Elfie's gender. It will be open for 20 more days...I'll close it on April 12 when we find out. Make sure you vote!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Tums is completely safe in pregnancy! BUT...don't take too many of them...apparently if you take lots of them, they can cause what is called "rebound indigestion" which is much worse than the original indigestion you took the Tums for in the first place.

    I'd try a couple and see if it helps!

    PS-this info came directly from a pregnancy class I just took from a Nurse midwife. (So I didn't just pull it out of my ass: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. My RE actually suggested I take two tums a day to help with calcium during pregnancy since the baby will "steal" yours. It's been helping me, but I think it may be making my constipation worse...

    ReplyDelete